Hate new Twitter? Get the old interface back with this Hack
Human beings are adaptable to changes but adaptability is different from habitual behaviour. Once a person is habitual of something then a sudden change in it makes it difficult for them to adapt. The same has happened with the desktop design of twitter which has done a makeover for its interface thereby making it difficult for long term users to adapt to it. Twitter’s recent desktop redesign borrows some of its features from the mobile app.
You must be wondering how will you be able to become familiar with these changes. Don’t worry these changes are obvious enough the moment you will have a look at the new UI. The command menu which was across the top of the page has now been moved to the left. The trends column which was on the left of the feed has now been moved to the right. Besides, the profile box that appears on the upper left corner and showcased your tweets and counts is all gone and hard to find. Has not it become a bit hefty? Don’t get too upset as every problem has its way. If you are more comfortable with the older version then you can get it back. Just follow some steps and you can download the older version itself.
The GoodTwitter for Chrome & Firefox
The first and the easy way to get the older version is by downloading an extension named Goodtwitter, contributed by Zusor. This extension can effectively revert your new version to the older one. This extension is applicable on both- Chrome and Firefox. Even if you are not able to see your old interface then try deleting the cache of the app Or try reloading the page.
Try changing your Firefox configuration
The same result can be achieved by simply changing your Firefox configuration. Here is presenting the easy tips to achieve it:
- In the main address field, type about:config.
- Firefox will warn you about the warranty getting void but just click on the “I accept the risk!” button
- Right-click anywhere within the page and select “New”> “String”.
· A pop-up box will ask you to “Enter the preference name.” Type general.useragent.override.twitter.com and hit “OK.”
· The box will now ask you to “Enter string value” for that preference name. Type Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko.
Now the page will load and you will be directed to the older version of Twitter.
If you are still looking for a temporary solution apart from the ones mentioned above then just follow the series of commands hereinbelow mentioned:
- Click on “(…) More” in the left-hand menu
- Go to “Settings and privacy” > “About Twitter” > “Directory”
- A new Twitter tab will open. Click on “Home,” and the old UI is presented before you.
But remember if you will reload the app, you will have to again follow these steps. So opt for the one which suits your comfort level more and enjoy the old UI twitter interface.