Twitter’s iOS and Android apps, as well as its website, establish a cache of data that can be utilized to offer you content faster, much like any other web-based app or website.
While cache files are generally beneficial since they make your experience smoother and faster, especially when you have a slow internet connection, they can occasionally cause problems with account logins or application features and functions.
If you’re having problems with your Twitter app, it could be because of a cache problem. On a PC, you’ll need to clear your browser’s cache to clear Twitter’s cache, but on iOS and Android, here’s how to clear the cache of your Twitter app.
As both Android and iOS have a different process of clearing cache we have divided this tutorial into two sections. The first part will explain the process of clearing the cache in iOS devices and the second part will cover the removal of cache from the android devices.
How to Clear Twitter Cache on Ios Devices?
You can follow these simple steps to clear the cache on your iOS devices.
- Open the Twitter app on your device and click on your profile icon at the top right of the screen.
- Scroll down to find the option of “Settings and Privacy” and tap on it.
- Click on the settings of “Accessibility, Display, and Languages”.
- There will be several settings on the next page. Find and click on “Data Usage”.
- At the bottom of the next page, you will find the options of Media storage & Web Storage.
- If you want to clear the photo and GIF cache in the Twitter app open the settings of “Media storage” select Clear media storage from the options at the bottom, and then select Clear media storage from the options that popup.
- If you wish to erase all of the web data, including cookies and logins, from Twitter’s cache then open the settings of “Web Storage” select Clear web page storage from the options at the bottom, and then select Clear web page storage from the options that popup.
How to Clear Twitter Cache on Android Devices?
The process of clearing cache in android is a bit different as well as simple compared to the iOS devices. Follow these steps to clear the cache of the app.
- Open the Settings on your device and find the Apps setting.
- Find the Twitter app in the list of apps installed on your device and click on it.
- Click on the erase data option on the lower right corner of the screen and select clear cache from the pop-up options.
We hope that this step-by-step tutorial helped you in clearing the cache of your Twitter application.